Difficult and trying times can define the trajectory of a generation. The COVID-19 pandemic and current civil unrest is one of those times. While many feel discouraged, students can choose to rise. In this lesson, you will lead your students through reflection, challenge and exhortation. The goal is for them to have the opportunity to process, define and express their personal experience and find a “silver lining” and identify valuale life lessons for the future.
This lesson is easily adaptable to any life changing event(s) that need processing.
- Personal mental-emotional health survey
- Sharing and discussion
Learning Objectives – The students will:
- Identify, express and share their feelings and personal experience
- Share and discover positive coping skills
- Gain an understanding of the value of life challenges
- Build a sense a community surrounding their shared experience
- Gain hope and inspiration from their classmates
Implementation and Format:
- This lesson can be taught in 20-30 minutes; others are designed for 45-50 minutes
- All lessons include a biblically integrated lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets and/or links to additional free resources
- Activities are designed to facilitate self-reflection, collaboration and discussion surrounding important and timely topics
Thriving in Trying Times
Soft “terms and condition” statement:
I partner with those that value this curriculum as an inspired labor of love and exercise integrity in the approved uses for the materials as stated in the terms and conditions. All rights reserved for single campus use only. Purchasing schools and/or individuals will access and download materials for use within their school faculty, staff and students only with the exception of free outside materials and/or links shared within. Such users will not copy, scan, email, share and/or post online including editable materials.
Specify your requested materials and send PO’s to firstname.lastname@example.org