The high school years bring increased rigor and workload for students. To meet the challenges ahead, students must work hard and use effective study strategies.
Successful Study Skills can help students in grades 6 through 9 develop effective habits to propel them towards success.
Participants will evaluate their current academic habits, discover their personal learning style, and apply key study strategies and life skills that successful students follow. Finally, they will identify specific action steps that can lead to their personal improvement.
Implementation and Format:
- The Prep4Success curriculum is customizable! You may brand and edit the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, activities, and assessments to reflect your school and suit your students’ needs.
- Prep4Success lessons are easy to present! Your school’s counselor, an invested teacher, administrator, or parent can facilitate the lessons and discussions.
- Prep4Success lessons fit your schedule! We designed the lessons for a standard 50- to 55-minute period, depending on the discussion.
- Prep4Success lessons include a lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets, links to additional free resources, and a "Game Center" (with adaptable game ideas and resources!).
- Successful Study Skills foster reflection, collaboration, and discussion surrounding important topics that students will encounter in high school, college, and beyond.
Lessons that Foster Resilience:
Habits of Successful High School Students
Successful Study Skills
Soft “terms and condition” statement:
I partner with those that value this curriculum as an inspired labor of love and exercise integrity in the approved uses for the materials as stated in the terms and conditions. All rights reserved for single campus use only. Purchasing schools and/or individuals will access and download materials for use within their school faculty, staff and students only with the exception of free outside materials and/or links shared within. Such users will not copy, scan, email, share and/or post online including editable materials.