Good self-management practices are key to success, in school and throughout life. For students to achieve their goals, they need to be self-aware and to broaden their knowledge with targeted practice.
We designed these interactive lessons for students in grades 6 through 9. By laying a solid foundation during these early years, students can enter high school with confidence and excitement.
Scripture declares that self-control and wisdom can lead to success and satisfaction. In these lessons, students will assess their personal practices and learn techniques to develop self-management skills.
Implementation and Format:
- Customize the Prep4Success curriculum by editing and branding the Self-Management lessons, PowerPoint presentations, activities, and assessments to reflect your school.
- Anyone who loves students can present the Self-Management lessons! Your school’s counselor, an invested teacher, administrator, or parent can easily facilitate the lessons and discussions.
- We designed the lessons for a standard 50- to 55-minute class period, depending on the discussion. Our lessons fit your schedule!
- Prep4Success Self-Managment includes engaging activities that encourage self-reflection, collaboration, and discussion as students learn how to implement life-changing skills.
- Prep4Success lessons include a lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets, links to additional free resources, and a "Game Center" (with adaptable game ideas and resources!).
Lessons that Build Confidence:
Time Management - Time Robbers
Time Managment - Strategies
Stress Management - Defining and Assessing
Stress Managment - Surviving and Thriving