These samples are portions of our Finals Survival Guide lesson, designed to demonstrate how comprehensively we cover a given topic in our curriculum. Enter FREE at check out.
While some freshmen may have had one or two high school level classes in 8th grade, the 9th-grade year can plunge them into a new world of expectations and experiences, including finals week.
This lesson provides a framework for you to discuss final exams and to prepare students for this strenuous academic experience.
- What are final exams?
- What’s the big deal? How do final exams impact me?
- Tips for Survival and Success
- Review of Upcoming Exam Schedule
- Time Management Planning Activity
Learning Objectives – The students will:
- Learn what final exams are and how these tests impact a student’s grades and future
- Learn strategies to lower stress and maximize success on final exams
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques
- Make preparations and plans for final exam studying
Implementation and Format:
The Prep4Success curriculum includes a biblically integrated lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets, and links to additional free resources.
We designed activities to encourage self-reflection, collaboration, and discussion about timely topics.
- You can customize Prep4Success materials by editing and branding the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, activities, and assessments to reflect your school and to suit your students' needs.
- Prep4Success lessons are easy to present! Your school’s counselor, an invested teacher, administrator, or parent can facilitate the lessons and discussions.
- Prep4Success lessons fit your schedule! We designed the lessons for a standard 50- to 55-minute class period, depending on the discussion.
- Prep4Success lesson packages include a lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets, links to additional free