Lesson at a Glance
While some freshmen may have had one or two high school level classes in 8th grade, the 9th grade year will plunge them into a whole new world of expectations and experiences, such as finals week. This lesson provides a framework for you to discuss and prepare them for this strenuous academic experience.
- What are final exams?
- What’s the big deal? How does this impact me?
- Tips for survival and success
- Review of upcoming exam schedule
- Time management planning activity
Learning Objectives – The students will:
- Gain an understanding of what final exams are and how they impact grades and their future
- Learn strategies to lower stress and maximize success on final exams
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques
- Make preparations and plans for final exam studying
Implementation and Format:
- This lesson can be taught in 20-30 minutes; others are designed for 45-50 minutes
- All lessons include a biblically integrated lesson plan, editable PowerPoint, activities, worksheets and/or links to additional free resources
- Activities are designed to facilitate self-reflection, collaboration and discussion surrounding important and timely topics